How to Download Songs from Spotify to MP3 with a Solid Spotify Ripper
Spotify is one of the most popular online music streaming service. This system currently can be used in Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Phone, Linux, Bl, iOS and Mac OS X. But there are three versions of Spotify and different version have different limitations:
- Free edition: You can stream millions of tracks on your mobiles, tablets, and computers, but you are not allowed to download tracks for offline mode.
- Unlimited edition: The unlimited subscription need to pay $4.99 per month. Then you can listen to Spotify songs without any interruption by ads. The offline mode is also not permissible.
- Premium edition: It requires a payment of $9.99 per month. This edition allows you to enjoy Spotify music on any devices, computer, tablet PC, phone, etc. with no ads and no commitments. You can download and listen to Spotify music offline, but these downloaded tracks are DRM-protected.
If you are a Spotify user, here I will show you a way to rip music from Spotify and save them onto your local hard disk drive, in this way you can play Spotify music on any mobiles or tablets without a WIFI or cellular connection. Here’s how-to:
- Download Leawo Music Recorder here, and then install it. This Spotify ripper can successfully record any Spotify songs to MP3 or WAV as long as the song is playing. Also it can smartly detect and download the artist, album name and cover, genre, etc. of the ripped Spotify songs. Besides, you can directly sync the downloaded Spotify music to iTunes with this software. You, too, can download any online playing music with it, like Pandora, GrooveShark, last.fm, Yahoo Music, etc. Learn more about this software ...
- Start Spotify on your PC, then create a new playlist and add all tracks you’d like to record to it.
- Close any programs that may make irrelevant sounds on your PC. Next run Leawo Music Recorder, and then click "" icon on the home screen of the software to let it start recording audio stream.
- Start playing tracks from the playlist you created in Spotify. By default, if the silence is more than 0.2 seconds, Leawo Music Recorder will determine the playback of a song has been done.
- When the playback of all tracks in the playlist has been finished, click Media button and then All Recordings under Library, you will see all the recorded audio files. Normally the recorded tracks will be tagged automatically, if you find some tracks haven’t been tagged, you can edit music tags manually.