How to Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD on Windows 8
“Recently I installed Windows 8 on my laptop. And a few days ago, I attended the wedding of my best friend and recorded some videos. So I wanted to make the videos to a beautiful DVD movie. As I used to doing such work with my Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker, so I this time I still used Movie Maker to edit the videos. However, when I finished editing, I found that the Windows DVD Maker wae gone! I can’t find this program in my Windows 8! So now I want to ask what software I need to continue burning the file in my Windows Movie Maker to DVD?”
Yes, Windows 8 has removed the Windows DVD Maker for some unknown reasons. I have heard many people complaining about this. And as the Windows Movie Maker project file is not a video file, so almost all DVD burning tools cannot allow to directly import the files to burn DVDs. This also make it more difficult for people to find a desired DVD burner. But don’t worry, next I will provide a method to slove the problem for you. And in this method, a third party DVD burner, Leawo DVD Creator is needed. I select it from the various similar softwares is because that it can well support the Windows 8 system and almost all video formats and never breaks down. Besides, it can help to make a professional-looking DVD even in 3D mode in minutes with ease.
Now just follow the below guide to begin burning the Windows Movie Maker project files to DVD on Windows 8:
- Run your Windows Movie Maker, and import your edited videos to your computer in WMV format.
- Directly download Leawo DVD Creator here, then install and launch it.
- Click Add Video to import the WMV videos to this program. Or directly drag them to the processing list.
- This program provides two ways to customize the videos: video edit and 3D setting. Click video Edit button to trim, crop, adjust video/audio effects, add watermark. Or hit on the 3D Setting button to choose a 3D mode from Red/Cyan, Red/Green, Red/Blue, Blue/Yellow, Interleaved and adjust 3D Depth effect. When finished editing, click OK to save it.
- If you are desire to add a DVD menu, just click on the Design Menu button which is at the top right corner of the window. Here you are allowed to customize Themes, Background, Button, Caption and Advanced.
- Click on the bottom Burn to DVD button and select Burn to disc option and do some necessary setting. Then click on the Burn Now button to start burning.