How to Convert HD Camcorder Videos to DVD
Have recorded many interesting videos with your HD camcorders during your vacation? However, as the these camcorder videos are always in HD formats and some of them have poor compatibility, so many media players cannot recognize and play them normally. In order to improve this situation, many people intend to convert the HD camcorder videos to DVD, thus they can play them through DVD player easily, and this also help them to keep these valuable videos for longer time! Well, I have to say that’s really a good option! But still there are quite a lot of people don’t know how to do that. So today I will give you a specific tutorial to show how to convert HD camcorder videos to DVD.
- A HD camcorder with several videos on it.
- A computer with a DVD drive.
- USB, fireware, or a card reader to move videos from camcorder to computer.
- A blank DVD
- A camcorder videos to DVD burner
Note: As there are plenty kinds of DVD burners online, but the quality of them is in various levels. So here, a good quality camcorder videos to DVD burner, Leawo DVD Creator is highly recommended. With it, you easily burn videos captured by different brands of camcorders like Sony, Canon, Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC,etc. to DVD discs. And it will maximum keep the high quality of HD videos for you. In addition, this program also has a good compatibility with some special video formats like MTS, M2TS and MXF which are produced by some Sony and Panasonic models.
Steps to convert HD camcorder videos to DVD:
- Directly free download Leawo DVD Creator here, and install it in your computer. Then start it and connect your HD camcorder to the computer.
- Transfer the HD camcorder videos to this program by clicking the Add Video button. Or you can simply drag them to the source panel. If the videos are loaded in improper order, you can click the up and down blue arrows to adjust.
- If you need, you can edit the videos and create a menu for the DVD. To do the editing, just click on the Edit button or right click the video and select Media Edit option from the menu. Here you are allowed to crop the video size, trim the video length, add watermark and adjust effect of videos.
And to create a DVD menu, only need to hit the Design Menu button on the top right corner of the window. Both of the two operations are very easy. If you don’t need to do that, just skip to the next step.
- Insert a blank DVD disc to your DVD drive. Then click on the bottom Next tab. Select Burn to disc option and choose the proper TV Standard and size. Then Hit the below Burn Now button start burning the HD camcorder videos to DVD. The creating process will be finished in a short time.