How to Add Album Artwork on Your iPhone/iPad/iPod Easily
When you listening to music on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, if the album covers embeded in some of your songs are missing, your iPhone/iPad/iPod will display a blank image with a musical note while you playing these songs. That will make your iPhone/iPad/iPod music playing interface look very bad. In this post, I will show you how to retrieve the missing album artwork and add them back to your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
The first thing we need to do is to identify all the songs that lack the album artwork in your iTunes library, and then find and add album artwork to them. This task can be easily done by using iTunes’ built-in album artwork grabber, but I am not going to do it this way because iTunes finds only album artwork that is an exact match of album title, song title, and artist title existing in the store. The program I will use here is Wondershare TidyMyMusic for Mac. This program uses the ophisticated acoustic fingerprint technology to accurately find album artwork, lyrics, and track details like title, artist, genre, etc, and then embed the found tag information into the corresponding songs all at once. It truly lets you save time and effort.
Wondershare TidyMyMusic is very simple to use. Here’s how to:
- Free download this Mac program here, and install it.
- Run this Mac program, then it starts scanning the whole of your iTunes music library immediately, and marks all your songs that lack album art or other ID3 tag information finally.
- Click on the Scan button at the top, then this Mac program will start to search for the album art and other tag information by accessing the Gracenote database and internet, and insert the found album arts and other tag information to the songs. It will take approximately 3-5 minutes to get a music collection that includes 10,000 songs done.
- When your iTunes music library has been processed, you can view the newly-added album cover in the right column by clicking each song. Also you are allowed to replace the album cover this program finds with a new one.
- Once everything makes you happy, hit the Apply button.
When you make every song in your iTunes library have album artwork, just sync your iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes and it should update the songs/album on your iDevice with the new album cover.