Make a Wonderful PIP (Picture in Picture) Video Easily
Imagine that you have recorded an extraordinary wonderful football game. Now you want to add a small video which is the commenting of this game to make them play simultaneously on one screen. But you really don’t know how to make such a video. OK, if you do have such demands, now you are in the right place. Actually, to play two or more videos at the same time in one screen is a technology called PIP(Picture in Picture). Usually a PIP is an additional video clip that plays embedded into the main video or next to the main video.
To make such a PIP video, you can depend on a video editor program. Here you are highly recommended Wondershare Video Editor. It is a simple and good-to-use video edit software which just includes such a special PIP feature. Beside this PIP feature, it still has other common editing effects such as trim, crop, split, add text, sound, transition, intro/credit, mosaic, tilt shift, face off, jump cut at beat, etc. to videos. Now you can refer to the below easy tutorial to learn how to make a PIP video.
- Download Wondershare Video Editor to your computer, then install and launch this program.
- Import your media files to Media Library by clicking the Import button or directly drag them to the program. The next step you should pay attention: drag and drop the primary video to Video Timeline, then drag the video or picture you want to add to the primary video to the PIP track. Now you can move them to the right time when you want then to show up, and also can trim and extend their length to adjust the lasting time by dragging the “double arrow”.
- Now you can customize your PIP video. Double clicking the video or picture in the PIP track, and then click Advanced button which is on the bottom of the opened the Motion panel.
- After that, the PIP Edit window pops up. On the right part of the window, you are allowed to adjust the size of the PIP video or picture by dragging the white dotted line frame, and move it to any position you like. And on the right part of the window, you are provided three editing options: Motion, Effect and Mask.
- In the Motion panel, you are offered more than 30 different motion types which can apply an interesting showing up way to your PIP video or picture. Just double click your favorite motion, then it will be added to your video.
- To apply Mask effect, just click on the mask you like, then it will apply to the video or image and shape it to your desired form. Here you have over 40 masks to choose. And you can adjust the width, height, left and top of the mask by moving the slide bar.
- The Effect panel provides four useful tools for you to apply, they are Alpha, Shadow, Border, Flip. To apply these effect, just tick off the check box under each of them and adjust the effect according to your requirements. Don’t forget to click OK button in the bottom to save your editings!
- After finished the above operations, you can preview your PIP video by clicking the play button. Then hit on the Create icon to save your video to PC, hand devices, DVD discs or directly upload it to YouTube and Facebook.