How to Recover Data from Quick/Regular Formatted Partitions
"Hi, I am using Lenovo Y400N-ISE. Yesterday I formatted my E drive by accident & lost all the files including many precious photos, my favorite movies, plenty of documents, etc. It is very important for me to get them back. I know that some programs can recover the formatted data. I found some on the Internet but didn’t know which one to choose. Please help and tell me how I can retrieve the lost data from formatted partition of my hard drive."
First of all, you should know that there are two types of formatting: high level formatting (including quick formatting and normal/regular formatting) and low level formatting:
- Files formatted by using high-level formatting can be recovered, because the formatted data is just marked as inaccessible data in file allocation table (FAT) and is still stored on the hard drive as long as you won’t save new files to overwrite the data. (Quick formatting has no big difference with normal formatting except that normal formatting will check the overall disk and find out all bad sectors, so normal formatting usually will take longer time.)
- Low-level formatting will outline the area of the cylinders and sectors on the hard disk, then divide the tracks into some sectors and every sector will also be divided into identification sections like ID zone, GAP zone and DATA zone, etc. Besides, the hard disk will be overwritten by some random data. Usually, those hard disks are lower-level formatted by the hard disk manufacturer before sell in the market. So to restore the formatted files after the low level formatting seems to be impossible.
Usually, the format we use under Windows or DOS is high level formatting.
Want to recover the lost data caused by accidental partition format but don’t know how to complete the task? Don’t worry! Here you are provided one of the best data recovery program -Remo Recovery (Windows), which can help you to rebuild FAT file and then restore all the data from formatted partition easily and fast. It also supports data recovery from formatted external hard drives, SD card, flash drive, USB drive and any other storage devices. With only several clicks, you will get your lost data back effortlessly.
Directly download Remo Recover (Windows). and follow the guide below to recover data from formatted partition:
- Run this partition recovery program, select the Pro Edition and then hit on the light blue frame of Formatted/Reformatted Recovery option to proceed.
- Select the formatted partition or drive you want to retrieve lost data from and click Next button to search previous files and directory structures. This scanning process may take a few minutes, just be patient.
- When the scan is finished the founded partitions will be displayed. Select a partition according to the File System or size and then click Next to enter a new window. In it, simply click Skip button to start a quick scan of the selected partition. Then the found files will be listed on the software. You also can perform another detailed scan by click the Smart Scan at the lower right corner to search more files you want to recover.
- When the scan is completed, you can choose the files you want to recover and save them on another partition or drive for safety consideration.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)
You may be interested in
Decrypt (rip) different kinds of copyrighted DVD discs, and convert media contents on DVDs to over 60 video and audio file formats (e.g. AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MOD, TP/TRP, etc.) with excellent quality output.
Legally remove DRM from videos and audios purchased from iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, Rhapsody, Nokia OVI, Xbox Music etc. Also it is a great media file converter.