How to Convert Audios (.M4A/.M4P/.M4B) from iTunes to MP3 Format
Many Apple fans have the demand of converting their audio files purchased from iTunes to MP3 format, because the MP3 is supported by almost all the today’s media player programs or devices but the applied range of the iTunes audio format is limited. Let’s look at the types of the sound tracks in the iTunes store.There are three kinds of audio files purchased from Apple iTunes store:
The first one uses the .M4P file extension, and Apple use the M4P file to encode songs in iTunes store. Before the year of 2009, the iTunes purchased M4P songs are copy-protected at 128 bit rate so they are only played on IOS devices. The after-2009-pruchased M4P music (iTunes plus) are DRM-free at 256 bit rate.
The second one uses the .M4A file extension that is also used to encode songs in iTunes store by Apple. The M4A music is at 256kbps and has no DRM protection.
The third one uses the .M4B file extension at 64kbps or less bit rate. Audiobooks purchased from the iTunes store are contained in the M4B files. Apple has wrapped all the M4B audiobooks with its “FairPlay” DRM technology to stop users from playing their M4B purchases on lack-authority media players like Android devices.
Ok, now let’s get down to the main issue, how to convert the M4P, M4A and M4B file to MP3 format.
- You may have already known that iTunes itself can be used to create MP3 files from the audio files it stores, but for the FairPlay-protected M4B audiobooks and before-2009-purchased M4P songs, Apple doesn’t allow iTunes program to re-encode them to MP3.
To solve this problem, here I recommend a third-party program named Aimersoft DRM Media Converter to do the conversion job. This program has the ability to convert any types of iTunes audios (copy-protected M4Ps and M4Bs included) to MP3 format keeping the original quality. Learn more about this great program...
- Free download Aimersoft DRM Media Converter, and then install it to your computer.
- After installation, launch this program. Open the folder that contains your M4P/M4A songs and M4B audiobooks, choose the audio files you want to convert and drag them onto the program’s main window to load them.
- Click the drop-arrow whose heading is Audio files to located at the lower left of the window, and then choose the MP3 as the conversion profile. If necessary, you can click the Settings button next to the Audio files to heading to adjust the profile settings including Bit rate, Sample rate, Channels, etc.
- Hit the light blue Start button to batch convert the source audio files to MP3 format. The whole conversion process will be done in a few minutes.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)