How to Convert Movies on DVDs to VP8 Videos on Mac Computer
As a royalty-free video compression format, VP8 can be contained by WebM and Matroska. In the WebM project, VP8 video format is used for HTML5. VP8 video in WebM is supported by Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome. YouTube, Skype and other platforms also support VP8 video playback. According to a comparison of VP8 and H.264 conducted by StreamingMedia, H.264 shows slight quality advantages over VP8, but VP8 is free and H.264 is not. Besides, Google also claims that VP8 offers the highest quality real-time video delivery. As a result, VP8 is getting more and more popular.
Wondering how to rip and convert your owned favorite DVD movie clips to VP8 (WebM) and upload them to YouTube for smoothly playback with decent quality for the viewer? If you are a Mac user, you can simply download Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac and give it a shot. As professional DVD ripping software, it will rip and convert DVD to various formats, VP8, MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, 3GP, RMVB, F4V, ASF, MKV, etc with high conversion speed. It also allows you to edit your DVD by trimming video length, remove black border, add water mark and so on.
Now, follow the instruction to decrypt and convert DVD to VP8 for Mac OS X:
- Directly download Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac here.
- Place the DVD disc into DVD drive and launch the program. Then drag and drop DVD Disc Icon on the desktop to the main window of the software to import DVD file.
- After the titles/chapters showing, click “ ” icon at the upper part of the window to open the profile panel. Then hit Common Video on it and choose VP8 as output format.
- Click the Edit icon under the preview window to come to the edit main window. If you want to clip interesting part off DVD, you can hit the Trim button and type the start time and end time of your favorite part, then hit OK button to save the setting. Also you can crop the black border, add text or image watermark, rotate and adjust the brightness, contrast, salutation of the video etc.
- Hit “” to start converting DVD to VP8 on your Mac computer. After it finishes, you can upload the converted video with decent quality for sharing with others.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)