How to Rip Movie Blu-ray for Apple TV 3rd Gen/2nd Gen/1st Gen
Apple TV as a kind of digital media receiver developed by Apple Inc. enables people to play digital contents(movies、music and photos) on HDTV from the computer or the ios devices via wifi or the limited network. So far, it updates to the third generation. Superior to the former two generation Apple TV( 1st generation) and Apple TV (2nd generation), Apple TV (3rd generation) is capable of supporting 1080p HD videos(while Apple TV 1st and 2nd supporting 720pHD). So this is far and away a feast for eyes of any movies lover on HDTV. More than that, both Apple TV2.0 and Apple TV3.0 are designed simply、small and lightly with the dimensions of 3.9 inch in height、3.9 inch in width and 0.9 inch in depth. Therefore, with this tiny box you may definitly abandon the bulky Blu-ray player、cable box and etc if you want to watch 1080p HD Blu-ray Movies on your HDTV.
So the question is how? As what I’ve mentioned above, Apple TV can stream digital contents from iTunes, so a computer with Blu-ray driver is a prerequisite. Then referring to the issue of Blu-ray ripping、format transfering, one Blu-ray ripper software can settle off. Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper is a great option. It can rip and transcode original Blu-ray files to the formats that Apple TV support(video:H.264、MPEG4; audio: AAC、MP3、MP3VBR、AIFF、WAV、Apple Lossless). In the following, I will teach you how to use Apple TV to play awesome BD movies on your HDTV with this powerful Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper.
- A PC/Mac equipped with Blu-ray driver
- Apple TV
- Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper ( Directly Download This Ripper Here)
- An HDMI cable
- Firstly insert Blu-ray disc to the BD driver and launch Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper. Click Load Files "" button to import the BD files. Then the files will display orderly so that you can choose the whole BD or some chapters you want to convert.
- Secondly, hit on Format bar to select the compatible output format. One of the wonderful part is it provides you the presets for Apple TV. So you can simply choose the one you need.
- After that, click on "" button, then the conversion process is on. Just wait for a while, once done, you may get the ripped file by clicking on Open in the output folder.
- Then launch iTunes to add the files to iTunes Library, open Home Sharing by choosing Advanced, input your ID and password.
- Hook up your Apple TV to the television with the HDMI cable, if you use the limited network, plug the cable to the ethernet port on Apple TV. Or else wifi would be more convenient as Apple TV has built-in 802.11 wifi.
- Set up Home Sharing on Apple TV. Select Settings and turn on Home Sharing option. Enter your Apple ID and password. Then Apple TV will automatically search the files in Itunes library.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)