How to Import Movie DVDs to Final Cut Pro (FCP X/7/6.0/Pro 5/etc.)
As a whole new production of video editing tool, By virtue of its three main features revolutionary video editing, powerful media organization and incredible performance, Final Cut Pro X (FCP X) win lots of praise of video professionals and hobbyists.
However, what make the DVD movie enthusiasts disappointed is that FCP X does not support DVD importing. If you would like to add DVD movies to use on FCP X, you will need to convert DVD files to this video editing application acceptable file format like MP4, MOV, DV, HDV, etc firstly. And these file formats are also compatible with the previous versions including FCP X/7/6.0/Pro 5/etc.
Import DVD to Final Cut Pro X, this need the following two parts to achieve.
Part 1: Convert DVD to Final Cut Pro supported file formats
- Directly download Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac here. This small Mac app is one of the top-notched DVD converter software. It is able to convert DVD to over 40 video file formats with excellent quality output, with it you are no longer limited by the DVD protections and incompatibility of video file formats between your DVD discs and Final Cut Pro X.
- Install and run this Mac app on your computer.
- Insert the DVD disc you want to convert into your Mac's hard drive, and then drag and drop the DVD Disc icon on the desktop to the home screen of the program to add DVD files.
- Click the Format Icon beside each video clip to open the format list to select a suitable video format for Final Cut Pro (such as MP4, mov).
- Start conversion after all the settings. When the conversion completes, open the destination folder to get the ripped DVD file.
Part 2: Import the converted DVD file to FCP
- Run your Final Cut Pro on your Mac Pro, and then choose File > Import > Files... Select the converted file in part one from the standard Choose a File window. After the file is located and highlighted, hit the Choose button. Locate the file in the resources list for the project; it appears there just as any captured video would.
- Manipulate the video file in the Viewer Slug window as necessary. Drag the file into the Timeline when ready. Save the project. Render the Timeline so that the video can be seen. This may take some time.
At last, save the project again. The video can now be edited in the Timeline as if it were normally captured video.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)