How to Copy (Rip) DVD as VOB file onto Mac Hard Drive
For playback and backup DVD videos with high quality, ripping media contents off DVD discs, and save DVD-rip files as VOB video format on your Mac is really a brilliant idea. In this way, you can enjoy the video on Mac with lossless DVD quality and avoid the risk of losing or damaging the precious and expensive DVDs. However, most DVDs are with copy protection and you can’t directly transfer DVD video to your Mac computer.
Well, don’t worry. Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac will easily solve this problem for you. It can decrypt all commercial DVDs and convert them to VOB and any other popular format. Also it allows you to merge all the titles/chapters into one and cut the extras to reduce the video size. Besides, as the DVD video is VOB format, converting DVD to VOB needs no recoding process. Thus, the conversion speed will be incredibly fast.
Follow the step by step tutorial to rip DVD, and save DVD-rip file as VOB for Mac OS X:
- Directly download Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac. Then install and launch it on your Mac computer.
- Plug DVD disc into DVD drive. Import DVD files by simply dragging and dropping DVD Disc Icon on the desktop to the home screen of the program. You also can press “” icon on the interface to input DVD files.
- Select VOB as output format by hitting on “” icon -> Common Video -> VOB. (“” icon is at the heading of the window and next to the displayed titles or chapters.)
- Select all the titles or chapter and then turn on the Merge into one button to put all the stuff into one single file.
- If you want to cut the extra off the video, you can hit on the edit icon under the preview window and click Trim button, type the start time and end time into the boxes of Start Time and End Time to clip the part you want to reserve. Or you can simply drag the small black triangles on the slide bar to wherever you want to extract the video. Then click the OK button to save the setting. You also can crop, rotate and add effect and watermark to the video before conversion.
- When you are sure everything is set up to your satisfactory, press “” to start converting DVD to VOB format for Mac. That’s it!
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)