How to block Internet Explorer pop-ups in several ways
When we browsing there will always pop up some annoying ads, spammy or unnecessary web pages which harasses us and threatens the computer. So we need take some measures to stop these pop-ups. In the following, I will share you several methods of how to configure pop-up blocker.
configure Internet explorer:
Right click on Internet Explorer, find Attribute and right click, then you can see a pop-up window, click Privacy option and you can set it by checking “Block pop-ups” option. Or you can also set this by navigating IE, click on “Tools”---“Block Pop-up Procedure”, and start up it.
Use registry keys to configure block pop-up procedure:
- click on Start---Run, and type regedit, then click ok.
- Find the registry subkey: HKEY _ LOCAL _ MACHINE \ Software\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ Main\ FeatureControl\ FEATURE _ WEBOC _ POPUPMANAGEMENT and click on.
- Double click “Iexplore.exe” and key the number “1” in the frame of numerical data and click ok. For the case you need to shut down “Block Pop-up procedure”, just key “0” in the frame, then the procedure will be closed.
Modify user configuration in Group Policy:
- Click on Start---Run, then type gpedit.msc and click ok.
- click successively on “User Configuration”--- “Manage Templates”--- “Windows Component” --- “Internet Explorer”.
- Then click on “close down pop-up management” to configure, while it takes effect only if you refresh policy or restart the computer.
Re-registration of IE/ repaire IE registration:
- Click on Start---Run, and import the command “regsvr32 actxprxy.dll”, click ok, and import “regsvr32 shdocvw” and click ok.
- The pop-ups may be preserved on HOSTS, and once you navigate, it will be open automatically, so check HOSTS: open HOST under the catalogue: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ by using Text Document to see if there is URLs, if there is , just delete them.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)
You may be interested in
Decrypt (rip) different kinds of copyrighted DVD discs, and convert media contents on DVDs to over 60 video and audio file formats (e.g. AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MOD, TP/TRP, etc.) with excellent quality output.
Legally remove DRM from videos and audios purchased from iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, Rhapsody, Nokia OVI, Xbox Music etc. Also it is a great media file converter.