How to Speed Up Your Computer or Laptop
In this article I will share you the solution to speed up your computer or laptop which I wish may offer you some assistant.
- By some kind of speed-up software. There are indeed some software made to accelerate running of system, but it turns out less effective, and moreover most of them needs to be paid or registered. Therefore, it is the last one to choose.
- Update the hardware, mainly enlarge memory capacity. This is the most effective way since all the procedures running inside of it.
- Optimize the system, clean up system files. It definitely exists some junk files which would bring the burdon to system running, so it’s necessary to do some clean-up. here I will mainly tell you some techniques to optimize your system.
Ways of not modifying the registry:
- The less shortcuts and files on your desktop, the faster your computer runs. The stuff on the desktop would take up system resources. So what you should do is delete the shortcuts of our downloaded programs(you won’t lose them for they will be find in the Start menu), and remove the files to Disk(D:) or other Disk except Disk(C:).
- There are some files in the Disk(C:) which are irremovable even you use system optimizing software, hence we should clean them.
- Open My Computer, and then Disk(C:), there is a Windows folder, open it and find Temp folder, then delete the whole content in it. (you’d better shut down the other running applications)
- beside Temp folder there is also a folder called Temporary Internet Files, open it and delete the content too.
Note: Do not delete the folders of Temp and Temporary Internet Files, just the content inside. You may do this once a mounth.
- click on Start—Programs—Accesories—System tools-- Disk Defragmenter
- next, analyze the disk first and then conduct defragmenting. That’s it.
Modify Registry to optimize system:
- Accelerate the speed of booting and shutting down a computer or laptop.
- Start-up the Regedit.exe: click on Start—Run—input regedit.exe
- Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
- modify numerical data of [HungAppTimeout] to , and [WaitToKillAppTimeout] to .
- in HKEY_LOCAL_ACHINE\System\ CurrentControlSet\Control, change the numerical data of [HungAppTimeout] to , and [WaitToKillServiceTimeout] to .
When shutting down your computer or laptop, it will pop up some dialogue box sometimes reminding you one program is still running and if you’d like to end it. Acturally we can so some change to let window end it automatically. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER＼Control Panel＼Desktop catalogue inRegistry, and change the key assignment of AugoEndTasks to 1.
Open Regedit.exe, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER＼Control Panel＼Desktop, modify MenuShowDelay (400) to 0.
Open the key of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\ControlPanel\\Desktop in Registry, and reset the value of AutoEndTasks to 1. click on Start menu, choose Run and type “msconfig” in the input box and press Enter. Then hit on the item of Start-up in which display the whole procedures when windows starts running. But the procedure are all not so important for Windows, so yo can remove the ticks and then there will be more spare space for system so that your computer or laptop will be much faster.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)
You may be interested in
Decrypt (rip) different kinds of copyrighted DVD discs, and convert media contents on DVDs to over 60 video and audio file formats (e.g. AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MOD, TP/TRP, etc.) with excellent quality output.
Legally remove DRM from videos and audios purchased from iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, Rhapsody, Nokia OVI, Xbox Music etc. Also it is a great media file converter.