How to Transfer iPad Contents to iTunes on a New Computer or Laptop
You lost your entire iTunes library on your computer or laptop because it was stolen, however, you still have all your music, movies and apps on your iPad. Now you just buy a new computer or laptop, then you must want to transfer all stuff on your iPad to the iTunes on your new computer or laptop. This article will explain you how to achieve this goal. By the way, remember not to directly sync your new computer/laptop with your iPad, cause this will erase all your iPad contents.
Restore the music, apps, movies & TV-shows purchased from iTunes by re-downloading:
1. Run iTunes on your computer. (note, here's iTunes is the version 11. If your iTunes is the old version, you can upgrade it)
2. Head to iTunes Preferences, then enale the "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases" option.
3. Sign in the iTunes with your Apple ID and password.
4.After you've signed in, click the Library button located in the upper-right of the iTunes Store.
5. Navigate to your iTunes library for the respective content type you wish to download using the content selector in the upper-left. Choose Music to download songs, Movies to download movies, and so on.
6. Locate the item or title you wish to download.
7. Click the download icon to download that item. Don't worry, Apple wont charge any fee as long as the downloaded items had been paid.
Transfer the contents not purchased from iTunes store using a thrid party application:
1. Download and install the Leawo iTransfer onto your computer. This Leawo iTransfer runs on Windows computer, and enables you to transfer everything from your iPad to iTunes on your new computer/laptop avoiding erasing your iPad contents.
2. Plus your iPad to your computer/laptop via its USB cable. Run the Leawo iTransfer, and it will detect and read the connected iPad quickly.
3. Select the items which you downloaded or ripped yourself.
4. Right click on the selected itmes, then select the "iTunes" in the pop-up window to transfer these selected items to your iTunes program.
Note, the Leawo iTransfer is not available on Mac computer. If you want to transfer iPad contents, which are not purchased from iTunes store, to your new iMac or Macbook Pro, you can use the need Senuti, which is $18.99.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)
You may be interested in
Decrypt (rip) different kinds of copyrighted DVD discs, and convert media contents on DVDs to over 60 video and audio file formats (e.g. AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MOD, TP/TRP, etc.) with excellent quality output.
Legally remove DRM from videos and audios purchased from iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, Rhapsody, Nokia OVI, Xbox Music etc. Also it is a great media file converter.