How to Uninstall a Stubborn Program
Maybe we all have met with the situation that some programs installed, when we didn’t need them anymore and want to uninstall, just couldn’t be removed from our computer. This is really a headache. Now followings are some solutions that may help you.
- Log off or restart the computer, then try to uninstall again.
- Press F8 and choose the security mode to delete when start-up.
- Use the DEL、DELTREE and RD commands in DOS commands to delete.
- If there are many subdirectories or files that cause the uninstall in the folder, delete them first and then the folder.
- If you find when finishing uninstall a program by using Add or Remove Program option the installation directory still exists in which remains several files and unable to be deleted, then you may open command prompt, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Task Manager, and end the “exprorer.exe” in the process( end all the programs before doing this ), then switch to the command prompt window, use DOS commands to enter the folder which you couldn’t delete, and type “Del the folder’s name”. In this way, the stubborn program will be deleted. After finishing this, choose File→New task, re-establish the system shell by typing in “exprorer.exe”.
- Make use of the third party tools of non-windows explorer, such as the software possessing the fuction of browsing folders: Total Commander, ACDSee, FlashFXP, Nero, etc.
- If you’ve installed more than two operating systems, you can delete the folders of the other operating system.
- Disk error
- using WinRAR
- The authority
- with the help of the software of WhoLockMe
- Clean up the remains of uninstalling
- Delete the files that has no uninstall program
Scan the disk as well as the subarea of the files. Make sure to choose the repaired files and bad sector before scaning, and delete the files after scan.
Some videos or audios are unable to delete while they’re playing or previewing. Type REGSVR32 /U SHMEDIA.DLL in the HTML to log off the fuction of prefetch.
right-click the folder you’d like to delete and choose add to compressed file. Then choose delete the source file after compressing in the poped dialogue box, name it and click ok.
Make sure that the system has the authority to delete.
Install WhoLockMe, find the option of WhoLockMe in the right menu, then click it and you will see what is using the file, then press End Process to end the program.
Remember the name of the software and search its CPL file in the Windows/System folder (for every delete item corresponds a CPL file,once the CPL file is deleted the item will not exist either), then the corresponding option in Control Panel will be removed.
firstly, click Start→Run,type regedit to enter into the registry, then click successively HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current/Version/Uninstall. Then you can see the softwares that you’ve installed, click the program you want to delete, you can see th subkey of UninstallString beside, double-click it, then it will pop up a dialog box of editing character string in which you should copy the key-value inside.
Afterwards, return to desktop, click Start -> Run again and paste the key-value in, then press Enter. That’s it . If the program you want to uninstall isn’t there, that means the program doesn’t exist in the registry, you can delete it directly.
Posts by Category
- Technology News (0)
- DRM Removing Tips (38)
- DVD Ripping Tips (13)
- Free Resources (5)
- Others (7)
You may be interested in
Decrypt (rip) different kinds of copyrighted DVD discs, and convert media contents on DVDs to over 60 video and audio file formats (e.g. AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MOD, TP/TRP, etc.) with excellent quality output.
Legally remove DRM from videos and audios purchased from iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, Rhapsody, Nokia OVI, Xbox Music etc. Also it is a great media file converter.