It could really be an annoying thing working on a particular project when suddenly; you have closed it without even saving it. In this kind of situation, you might be working and using Microsoft Office Word. One of the best ways to ensure that the data are saved is to save them all the time.
Good news, Microsoft has its important and awesome feature wherein users can recover the file that is not saved. In using this feature, a user is required of enabling all given properties.
- Save the AutoRecover Information
- Keep the previous version or the so-called AutoSaved version. This is when you have closed the file without saving.
1st Method on How to Recover Unsaved Document in Microsoft Office 2010
Here is a little tip that could help you recover your unsaved document in Microsoft Office 2010:
- Open the app that you usually make use.
- Press on the “FILE” tab.
- Press on the “Recent”
- Press on the tab that says “Recover Unsaved Documents”. This is especially when you are in Word 2010.
2nd Method on How to Recover Unsaved Document in Microsoft Office 2010
You may also have an access to this file by simply following the steps below:
- Try to open the application you were using.
- Open the “new file” or better yet, the existing file.
- Press on the tab for “File”.
- Press on “Info”.
- Press on “Manage Versions”
- Press On “Recover Unsaved Docs”
- You will now be seeing the complete list of unsaved files. Then, choose the file and choose for “Open”.
- On top of the file of the business bar, press on “Save As”. The purpose is on saving the file to your PC.
It is essential to take note that you can browse to any of the file locations and open the file. It will still depend on the operating system used:
- Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Windows XP
In addition, it is essential for you to understand the file locations may no longer be changed. The files found in the folder may only be kept for about four days. This is especially right after creating the file in Microsoft Office.
As part of helping you protect your files in Microsoft office, better to consider the following steps in mind:
- Press on the “File” tab.
- Below “HELP”, press on the “Options”.
- Make it sure that the box that says “Save AutoRecover Info for every ( ) minutes will be checked.
- In Microsoft Word 2010, make it sure that the box that suggests to keep the very last version that is closed but not saved will be chosen.
In all these, the save button will still be useful to you. In order for you not to lose the previous work, press on “SAVE” or better yet, press on CTRL+S all the time.
In order for you to be safe, you need to enter a small number right through the minutes box, just like 10. This way, you will never lose more of your ten-minute work. In making your Office a lot speedier, try entering a big number right through the minute box, just like 20.
Now, you have learned more about the ways on how to recover an unsaved Microsoft Office file!